After struggling with performance in Elementor, and feeling like Gutenberg isn't quite ready for me yet, I finally decided to check out the Oxygen Builder.
I had always assumed it was going to be too steep of a learning curve for me, as Oxygen has the reputation of being “for developers”. But after just a couple weeks of experimenting I was presently surprised at just how easy it was to learn.
This is a recording of a live webinar I did in January of 2021 called Oxy-Curious: Get the skinny on the most lightweight page builder for WordPress. If you're considering making the switch to Oxygen, or not sure if it's the right fit for you, this webinar will walk you through the whole system and help you figure out if it's worth exploring.
As I started figuring out Oxygen, I continuously bookmarked all the goodies I found along the way. A special thanks to folks like Christoph Heine and Daniel Tullberg who sent me a ton too!
I've marked the things I've personally bought, used, or experienced myself with an asterisks.
- Ultimate Oxygen Course by Permaslug* – If you want to get up and running with a complete knowledge of Oxygen, then this is the absolute best and fastest way to do it!
70+ individual videos with over 6 hours of content including basic & advanced features. Includes access to other bonuses (ACF, WooCommerce, etc.) and a lifetime membership for future updates (this is an affiliate link).
Tutorials / Videos
- Oxygen YouTube channel* – Oxygen does a wonderful job of producing tons of videos that cover just about every feature within the builder (and how to achieve some neat tricks).
- Permaslug* – Jonathan produces regular content on Oxygen, including tutorials and advantced techniques.
- Isotropic Design* – James posts all kinds of web design related videos & tutorials, using Oxygen for most of it.
- Oxygen4Fun* – SupaMike has quite the reputation in the Oxygen community and posts some really neat “outside of the box” tutorials (and products).
- WPDevDesign – Mostly written tutorials on all kinds of Oxygen and WordPress related stuff that comes in handy.
- OxyStuff – A collection of tutorials, resources, code snippets, and design sets for the Oxygen Builder.
- Official Oxygen Group* – From everything I've seen so far, this is a really helpful group of folks in a very active “official” community.
- Official Oxygen Website Showcase* – See what people are building with Oxygen and share your creations.
- Resources for Oxygen Builder – This group is intended to receive information on resources created specifically for Oxygen Builder.
- Agency/Productivity Tools for Oxygen – The goal of the group is to discuss relevant topics, and share tips, tricks, tools, etc. that help build Oxygen sites more efficiently.
Addons / Tools
- Hydrogen Pack* – This is the first addon pack I purchased for Oxygen — widely regarded as a “must-have” to give you lots of shortcuts and a contextual right-click menu.
- Oxy Toolbox – Advanced features, UI tweaks, and widgets.
- Oxy Agency Tools – Improve consistency and speed up your workflow.
- Core UI Kit for Oxygen by OxyNinja – A framework, design library and a faster way to build websites with a consistent look.
- Wireframe Kit – Quickly wireframe projects with this 100+ section library of monochrome wireframes.
- OxyExtras – 31 additional components for added functionality and more composite modules.
- Unlimited Elements* – A unique set of predesigned & animated modules that you can copy and paste into your projects.
- Editor Enhancer – A suite of extensions that allows you to customize your experience in Oxygen.
- Oxy Ultimate – 30 additional tools, modules, and composites to help speed up your workflow.